Instructions for downloading and installing Sitecore CMS 6.1.0 rev.090821.
This is an old CMS 6.1.0 update.
This is a product Update. Sitecore recommends upgrading to this release when the fixes included in this release meets specific needs of your organization. If this release does not include specific fixes that your organization requires, you may benefit by waiting until Sitecore releases a Service Pack for this series before upgrading. This is especially true in production environments. To learn more about Sitecore’s versioning system, see the Sitecore Versioning Policy page.
This update requires the following files:
Download Sitecore CMS 6.1.0 Update rev.090821 package (Sitecore 6 Update Installation Wizard package, 7.25 MB).
- Sitecore CMS 6.1.0 rev.090630 or higher.
If your Sitecore solution is based on earlier version, then you must update to Sitecore CMS 6.1.0 Update rev. 090630 before installing this update.
Follow the steps below to upgrade an existing Sitecore CMS 6.1.0 installation to Sitecore CMS 6.1.0 rev. 090821 (also known as 6.1.0 Update-2):
- Backup the site.
- Open the Update Installation Wizard by entering the following URL in your browser: http://<hostname>/sitecore/admin/UpdateInstallationWizard.html
See the Update Installation Wizard Guide for more information about how to use the Wizard.
- Install the Sitecore CMS 6.1.0 rev. 090821 update package using the Wizard:
- Upload the update package using the Wizard.
- Analyze the package.
- Install the package.
- No changes were made in the Web.config file in this update. If you are upgrading from Sitecore CMS 6.1.0 rev.090630, you should apply the changes mentioned on the Web.config Changes in rev.090722 compared to rev. 090630 page.
- Upgrade to OMS 1.0.1 rev. 090821 if you have Sitecore OMS installed.
- Clear your browser's cache. For instance, in Internet Explorer this is done via the menu Tools » Internet Options » Browsing History » Delete » Delete Temporary Internet Files.
- Rebuild search indexes and the link database in the master and the core databases. You can do this using the wizards available via the Sitecore desktop link Sitecore » Control Panel » Database.