Instructions for downloading and installing Sitecore CMS 6.2.0 rev.100104.
This is an old CMS 6.2.0 update.
This is a product Update. Sitecore recommends upgrading to this release when the fixes included in this release meets specific needs of your organization. If this release does not include specific fixes that your organization requires, you may benefit by waiting until Sitecore releases a Service Pack for this series before upgrading. This is especially true in production environments. To learn more about Sitecore’s versioning system, see the Sitecore Versioning Policy page.
Choose the appropriate link to download Sitecore CMS 6.2.0 Update-1 (rev.100104) (as a complete site):
- Download the Sitecore web application installer (159 MB, .exe file)
Choose this link to download the setup.exe installation program (everything you need to get started).
- Download a ZIP of the file above (159 MB .zip file)
Choose this link to download the setup.exe installation program if your network blocks the download of exe files.
- Download a ZIP archive of the Sitecore CMS site root (159 MB, ZIP archive)
Choose this link to install Sitecore manually (without the help of the setup.exe installation program)
You may also want to consider downloading additional tools:
- Download the Database Vendor Change Tool (0.6 Mb, .zip file)
Choose this link to download a tool which allows you to use an alternative database storage vendor for your site. Please note, this tool is version specific! Be sure to download the version that corresponds to the installed Sitecore release.
Click this link to read more about the Database Vendor Change Tool.
To upgrade a previous Sitecore CMS 6 version to this release:
This update requires the following files:
Download Sitecore CMS 6.2.0 Update rev.100104 package (Sitecore 6 Update Installation Wizard package, 4.98 Mb).
- Sitecore CMS 6.2.0 rev. 091012.
If your Sitecore solution is based on earlier version, then you must update to Sitecore CMS 6.2.0 Update rev. 091012 before installing this update.
Follow the steps below to upgrade an existing Sitecore CMS 6.2.0 installation to Sitecore CMS 6.2.0 rev. 100104 (also known as 6.2.0 Update-1):
- Backup the site.
- Update the Web.config file. You can find the exact strings to update on the Web.config Changes page.
- Open the Update Installation Wizard by entering the following URL in your browser: http://<hostname>/sitecore/admin/UpdateInstallationWizard.html
See the Update Installation Wizard Guide for more information about how to use the wizard.
- Install the Sitecore CMS 6.2.0 rev. 100104 update package using the wizard:
- Upload the update package using the wizard.
- Analyze the package.
- Install the package.
- Check if any of the Sitecore log files contain warnings that one or more Sitecore performance counters do not exist (hint: search for "Using temporary internal counter") or that one or more Sitecore counters cannot be instantiated because the category is marked as single-instance (hint: search for "single-instance"). To resolve this problem:
- Download sitecorecounters.zip.
- Unzip the archive.
- Run the SitecoreCounters.exe program to re-register the Sitecore performance counters.
- Clear your browser's cache. For instance, in Internet Explorer this is done via the menu Tools » Internet Options » Browsing History » Delete » Delete Temporary Internet Files.
- Rebuild search indexes and the link database in the master and the core databases. You can do this using the wizards available via the Sitecore desktop link Sitecore » Control Panel » Database.
- If your data folder is placed outside the webroot and you upgraded to 6.2 from 6.1:
- Check that the data folder contains a webdac.lic file.
- If the file is not present, then move it from <webroot>/data to the real data folder.
- Reiterate the update procedure for every Sitecore instance in your Sitecore environment.