Instructions for downloading Sitecore CMS 7.1 and DMS 7.1 rev. 140905.
This is the latest release of Sitecore CMS 7.1.
Note: This is a product Update. Sitecore recommends upgrading to this release when the fixes included in this release meet specific needs of your organization. If this release does not include specific fixes that your organization requires, you may benefit by waiting until Sitecore releases a Service Pack for this series before upgrading. This is especially true in production environments.
To learn more about Sitecore’s versioning system, see the Sitecore Versioning Policy page.
Note about Sitecore 7.1 for Japanese users:
このバージョンの Sitecore CMS および DMS は日本語をサポートしておりません。
7.2 Update-1 以降の最新のリリースをご利用くださいますようお願いいたします。
11.1. Download Sitecore CMS and DMS 7.1 rev.140905
Choose the appropriate link to download Sitecore CMS 7.1 rev. 140905:
Download the Sitecore web application installer (194 MB, .exe file)
Choose this link to download the setup.exe installation program (everything you need to get started).
Download a ZIP of the file above (194 MB, ZIP archive)
Choose this link to download the setup.exe installation program if your network blocks the download of exe files.
Download a ZIP archive of the Sitecore CMS site root (194 MB, ZIP archive)
Choose this link to install Sitecore manually (without the help of the setup.exe installation program).
Download DMS 7.1 rev. 140905 for Sitecore CMS 7.1 rev.140905
Choose one of the following links to download DMS 7.1 rev.140905 for Sitecore CMS 7.1 rev.140905:
- SQL Server.
Download DMS 7.1 rev.140905 (ZIP archive, 381 KB).
Download DMS 7.1 rev.140905 (ZIP archive, 31 KB).
You may also want to consider downloading additional tools:
- Download the Solr support package (240 KB, ZIP archive)
Download the Database Vendor Change Tool (148 KB, ZIP archive)
Choose this link to download a tool which allows you to use an alternative database storage vendor for your site. Please note, this tool is version specific! Be sure to download the version that corresponds to the installed Sitecore release.
- Click this link to read more about the Database Vendor Change Tool.
- Click here to go to the Sitecore Marketplace and download the ‘Campaign Launch Application’, a shared source module which is an example of how to create an application using SPEAK.
11.2. To upgrade initial release of CMS and DMS 7.1 to this release
- Sitecore CMS 7.1 rev. 130926 (Initial Release) or later.
- If your Sitecore solution is based on an earlier version, then you must use update instructions for Sitecore 7.1 rev. 130926 from CMS 7.0 rev. 130424
This update requires the following files:
- Sitecore CMS 7.1 rev. 140905 Update Package (Sitecore Update, 35 MB)
Follow the steps below to upgrade an existing Sitecore CMS and DMS 7.1 installation to Sitecore CMS and DMS 7.1 rev. 140905 (Update-3):
- Back up the site.
- Make sure that the IIS is configured to allow access to the /sitecore/admin folder. Otherwise the next step might display a blank page instead of the Update Installation Wizard.
- Open the Update Installation Wizard by entering the following URL in your browser: http://<hostname>/sitecore/admin/UpdateInstallationWizard.html
See the Update Installation Wizard Guide for more information about how to use the wizard.
- Install the Sitecore CMS 7.1 rev. 140905 update package using the wizard:
- Upload the update package using the wizard.
- Analyze the package.
- Install the package.
- If you are using the Solr search provider, you must upgrade the corresponding assemblies. Use the Solr support package and extract the assemblies into the bin folder of the website.
- Update your configuration files.
- Apply the configuration file changes described here:
Configuration file changes in CMS and DMS 7.1 rev. 140905
- If you are updating to the current update from 7.1 rev. 140130 (Update-1) or earlier, you must also apply these configuration file changes:
Configuration file changes in CMS and DMS 7.1 rev. 140324
- If you are updating to the current update from 7.1 rev. 130926 (Initial Release), you must also apply these configuration file changes:
Configuration file changes in CMS and DMS 7.1 rev. 140130
- Apply the configuration file changes described here:
- Clear your browser's cache. For instance, in Internet Explorer this is done via the menu Tools » Internet Options » Browsing History » Delete » Delete Temporary Internet Files.
- Rebuild all your ContentSearch indexes. This is done via the following wizard: Sitecore » Control Panel » Indexing » Indexing Manager.
- Rebuild your search indexes for the “Quick search index” (also for the master and core databases if you have such indexes). This is done via the following wizard: Sitecore » Control Panel » Database » Rebuild the Search Index.
- Rebuild the link database for the master and the core databases. This is done via the following wizard: Sitecore » Control Panel » Database » Rebuild the Link Database.
- If you are using client languages other than English, download and import the latest translations from the Client Translations page on SDN.
- Delete the <webroot>/temp/dictionary.dat file to regenerate the Dictionary (only necessary if any of your editors use other client languages than English).
- Publish the entire site (including system items, templates etc.) to every publishing target you have. To do it run Sitecore » Publish Site dialog. The "Republish" option is recommended.
- Check if any installed modules needs to be upgraded to a newer version to be compatible with Sitecore CMS 7.1 rev. 140905.
- Reiterate the update procedure for every Sitecore instance in your Sitecore environment.