- Extensible catalog schema. Extend the Catalog database schema by creating your own
custom properties for product and category definitions.
- Catalog definition management. Create, edit, retrieve, and delete definitions for
products and categories.
- Catalog schema management. Create, edit, retrieve, and delete property metadata. Bulk
- Perform bulk updates and deletes of properties for multiple products or categories by
specifying an expression or a dataset.
- Full-text search. Enhanced full-text searches that support inflectional, weighted, and
- Catalog hierarchies and product sequencing. Manage the display order of products and
categories by specifying the hierarchy of categories and catalogs and the order of
products and categories.
- Virtual catalog management. Create virtual catalogs from aggregates of base catalogs
to create, for example, a spring sale catalog or to display prices in a different
currency such as euros.
- Virtual catalog properties and ranking. Modify the virtual catalog properties, rank
products, categories, and variants in a virtual catalog.
- Virtual catalog views. Create a virtual catalog by aggregating two or more virtual
catalogs into another virtual catalog.
|Application Programming Interfaces
- Catalog API. Create, modify, extend, and manage catalog data programmatically.
- Web Service and Agent API. Perform distributed management of the Catalog and Inventory
- Catalog Manager. Manage catalogs by using the new Windows Forms-based Web
- Catalog and Inventory Schema Manager. Manage inventory metadata and SKUs by using the
new Windows Forms-based Web service.
- Catalog import and export. Import and export catalogs to business user desktops by
using a new Web service/agent.
- Base and virtual catalogs, catalog sets, and full-text index staging. Choose which
catalogs to update, whether to update base/dependent catalogs, virtual catalogs, and/or
catalog sets, and whether to generate a full-text index update.
- Property and language. Choose the catalog properties and languages to stage.
- Customized expression-based staging. Define the parts of a catalog to stage by
specifying filter and hierarchy criteria.
- Catalog definitions/schema staging. Choose to update catalog schema.
- Full or incremental updates. Choose whether to stage all data or only data that has
changed since the last catalog was staged.
- Transactional or non-transactional. Existing catalog data is not changed in the event
an error condition occurs during staging.
- Refresh catalog cache. Choose to refresh the data cache on the Web site cache after
updating catalog data.
|Command Line tools
- Import tool. Import catalog data.
- Export tool. Export catalog data
- Catalog XSD. Use the XSD format for standards-based representation of catalogs.
- XML import/export modes. Perform parameterized import and export of catalog data.
- BizTalk Adapter for Catalog. Exchange catalog data with external systems
- Synchronization. Synchronize any line-of-business system with catalog data on the
- Granular security. Use Windows Authorization Manager scopes, roles, tasks, and
operations to manage access to the Catalog System.
- Catalog pipeline performance counters. Record events associated with the run-time
performance of the Catalog System pipeline components, such as number of catalog lookups
performed, average catalog lookup time, and more.
- Catalog run-time performance counters. Record events associated with the run-time
performance of the Catalog System Web service, such as total number of product searches
using free text search, average time to perform Product searches using free text search,
- Catalog management-time performance counters. Record events associated with the
management-time performance of the Catalog System, such as total catalog updates
performed, average time per catalog update request, number of catalog updates per second,
- Windows Event Tracing. Use to help with troubleshooting.