|Campaign Data Management
- Publish campaign content to the Web. Display discounts on the Web site.
- Campaign expressions. Define a condition that Commerce Server evaluates against
profiles to determine whether to deliver content, or perform another action.
- Manage campaign goals. Specify goals and track the number of advertisements delivered
in a specified period. Set campaign goals by clicks on an advertisement, by requests for
an advertisement, at the campaign-level, or at the advertising item-level.
- Clear data. Remove inactive or expired campaign items.
|Discounts and Coupon Data Management
- Runtime filtering and discount/coupon display. Display discounts based on discount
target information, basket subtotal, or pre-tax and post-tax discounts.
- Manage discounts and coupons. Create custom-defined discounts, coupons, and
coupon-enabled discounts, and define discount interaction policies.
- Import/export of coupon codes. Support for exporting and importing batches of coupons.
- Marketing discount pipeline components. Orders System integration for order and item
- Basket pipeline. Discount pipeline components.
- List-based expressions. Mailing list management and direct mailer support list-based
- Opt-out lists. Maintain campaign-level or site-level opt out lists. You can
automatically subtract opt-out lists from a direct mail list.
|Application Programming Interfaces
- Campaign item management API. Manage discounts programmatically.
- Campaign management API. Manage campaign entities programmatically.
- Customer management API. Manage your campaign advertisers programmatically.
- Reference table management API. Manage reference tables programmatically.
- Web Service API. Perform distributed management of the Marketing System
- Marketing Manager. Manage campaigns, advertisements, and discounts by using the new
Windows Forms-based Web service.
- Marketing data caching. Update run-time and design-time marketing data.
- Promotional code staging. Perform full or incremental updates of promotional
codes/coupons during staging.
- Refresh cache. Update the marketing data cache on destination servers.
|Command Line tools
- Clear data command line tool. Remove deleted data: customers, campaigns, global
expressions, campaign items, discounts and coupon codes that are older than the "deleted
number of days" specified.
- Granular security. You use Windows Authorization Manager to manage scopes, roles,
tasks, and operations in the Marketing System.
- Collection or view-level security. Security levels are included on each of the
individual view states throughout the Marketing Manager to allow for role-based access.
- Task-based roles. Support for the following task-based roles:
- Discount Author. Create and manage discounts.
- Global Expression Author. Create and manage global expressions.
- Marketing Administrator. Has complete access to all tasks and assigns roles to other
- Marketing Approver. Approves campaign items, discounts, ads, and direct mails.
- Marketing Author. Create and manage customers, campaigns, campaign items, and
coupons. Can import and export, and generate user lists.
- Marketing Viewer. Can only view Marketing System information.
- Run-time performance counters. Record events associated with the run-time performance.
Evaluation Expression Engine, and caching.
- Pipeline performance counters. Record events associated with the run-time performance
of the marketing pipeline components, such as average execution time, errors total,
errors per second, execution total, and more.
- Management-time performance counters. Record events associated with the run-time
performance of the Marketing Manager Web service, such as total marketing updates
performed, average time per marketing update request, number of marketing lookups per
second, and more.
- Windows event tracing. Use to help with troubleshooting.