This is an old CMS 6.0.1 update.
This is a product Update. Sitecore recommends upgrading to this release when the fixes included in this release meets specific needs of your organization. If this release does not include specific fixes that your organization requires, you may benefit by waiting until Sitecore releases a Service Pack for this series before upgrading. This is especially true in production environments. To learn more about Sitecore’s versioning system, see the Sitecore Versioning Policy page.
Choose the appropriate link to download Sitecore CMS 6 Service Release-1 (as a complete site):
45.1. How to Upgrade an Installation
To upgrade a previous Sitecore CMS 6 version to this release:
- Download Sitecore CMS 6.0.1 Update rev.090212 package (Sitecore CMS 6 package, 11.1 Mb)
To install the update on the existing Sitecore CMS 6.0.0 installation, follow the instructions below:
- Backup the site.
- Install the update package using the Installation Wizard available via the Sitecore desktop link Sitecore » Development Tools » Installation Wizard. Choose "Overwrite" every time when prompted.
Note: Installing of the package may take long time.
- If you are upgrading from version earlier than Sitecore 6.0.0 Update rev. 081222, remove the rest.html file from the /webroot/sitecore/ folder.
- Update the web.config file. See the web.config changes page for details.
- Add the following line to /App_Config/FieldTypes.config:
<fieldType name="TreelistEx" type="Sitecore.Data.Fields.MultilistField,Sitecore.Kernel" />
- If you are using SQL databases run the following script for your master database:
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [ndxBlobId] ON [dbo].[Blobs]
WITH (SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ONLINE = OFF) ON [PRIMARY]
It will add index to the Blobs table and thus improve the performance when working with media stored in database. Such index already exists for both the ‘web’ and the ‘core’ databases, so you do not need to run the script on them.
- Unzip and run SitecoreCounters.exe script.
- Delete Website/App_Config/Include/CheckIgnoreFlag.config if it exists.
- Clear your browser's cache. For instance, in Internet Explorer this is done via the menu Tools » Internet Options » Browsing History » Delete » Delete Temporary Internet Files.