Instructions for downloading Sitecore CMS 7.2 and DMS 7.2 rev. 151021.
This was originally released as 7.2 Update-5.
Note: This is a product Service Pack. Sitecore recommends customers to install service packs for any feature release that the customer has installed. This is especially true in production environments.
To learn more about Sitecore’s versioning system, see the Sitecore Versioning Policy page.
5.1. Download Sitecore CMS and DMS 7.2 rev.151021
Choose the appropriate link to download Sitecore CMS 7.2 rev. 151021:
Download the Sitecore web application installer (217 MB, .exe file)
Choose this link to download the setup.exe installation program (everything you need to get started).
Download a ZIP of the file above (216 MB, ZIP archive)
Choose this link to download the setup.exe installation program if your network blocks the download of exe files.
Download a ZIP archive of the Sitecore CMS site root (212 MB, ZIP archive)
Choose this link to install Sitecore manually (without the help of the setup.exe installation program).
Download DMS 7.2 rev. 151021 for Sitecore CMS 7.2 rev.151021
Choose one of the following links to download DMS 7.2 rev.151021 for Sitecore CMS 7.2 rev.151021:
- SQL Server.
Download DMS 7.2 rev.151021 (ZIP archive, 381 KB).
Download DMS 7.2 rev.151021 (ZIP archive, 32 KB).
You may also want to consider downloading additional tools:
- Download the Solr support package (243 KB, ZIP archive)
- Download the Database Vendor Change Tool (148 KB, ZIP archive)
Choose this link to download a tool which allows you to use an alternative database storage vendor for your site. Please note, this tool is version specific! Be sure to download the version that corresponds to the installed Sitecore release.
- Click this link to read more about the Database Vendor Change Tool.
- Click here to go to the Sitecore Marketplace and download the ‘Campaign Launch Application’, a shared source module which is an example of how to create an application using SPEAK.
5.2. To upgrade from the initial release of CMS and DMS 7.2 to this release
- Sitecore CMS Sitecore 7.2 rev. 140228 (Initial Release) or later.
- If your Sitecore solution is based on an earlier version, then you must use update instructions for Sitecore 7.2 rev. 140228 from Sitecore 7.1 rev. 130926.
This update requires the following files:
- Sitecore CMS 7.2 rev. 151021 Update Package (Sitecore Update, 41 MB)
- Sitecore Update Installation Wizard 1.0.0 rev 151022
- Database upgrade scripts:
Follow these steps to upgrade an existing Sitecore CMS and DMS 7.2 installation to Sitecore CMS and DMS 7.2 rev. 151021 (Service Pack-2):
- Back up the site.
- Upgrade the CMS database schemas:
- SQL Server: Execute the CMS72U4_BeforeInstall.zip script on master and web databases.
- Make sure that the IIS is configured to allow access to the /sitecore/admin folder. Otherwise the next step might display a blank page instead of the Update Installation Wizard.
- If you are using the Solr provider, the Global.asax file needs to be changed.
Backup your Global.asax file and then open the file and replace the Inherits value with the following: "Sitecore.Web.Application".
Note: after this step, you will not be able to use the Search feature on the backend.
- Install the Sitecore Update Installation Wizard 1.0.0 rev. 151022.
Log in to the Sitecore Desktop, and click Sitecore, Development Tools, Installation Wizard and then install the Sitecore Update Installation Wizard 1.0.0 rev. 151022.zip package.
- Open the Update Installation Wizard by entering the following URL in your browser: http://<hostname>/sitecore/admin/UpdateInstallationWizard.html
See the Update Installation Wizard Guide for more information about how to use the wizard.
- Install the Sitecore CMS 7.2 rev. 151021 update package using the wizard:
- Upload the update package using the wizard.
- Analyze the package.
- Install the package.
- Update your configuration files.
Apply the configuration file changes described here:
- Configuration file changes in CMS and DMS 7.2 rev. 151021
- If you are updating to the current update from 7.2 rev. 150408 (Update-4) or earlier, you must also apply these configuration file changes:
Configuration file changes in CMS and DMS 7.2 rev. 150408
- If you are updating to the current update from 7.2 rev. 140526 (Update-2) or earlier, you must also apply these configuration file changes:
Configuration file changes in CMS and DMS 7.2 rev. 141226
- If you are updating to the current update from 7.2 rev. 140314 (Update-1) or earlier, you must also apply these configuration file changes:
Configuration file changes in CMS and DMS 7.2 rev. 140526
- If you are updating to the current update from 7.2 rev. 140228 (Initial Release), you must also apply these configuration file changes:
Configuration file changes in CMS and DMS 7.2 rev. 140314
- If you are using the Item Clones feature and have clones, carry out the following steps after you install the upgrade package:
Upgrade the CMS database schemas:
SQL Server: Execute the MSSQL_CMS72_U5_AfterInstall.zip script on the Master and Core databases.
Oracle: Execute the Oracle_CMS72_U5_AfterInstall.zip.
Please refer to the Oracle-specific instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Clear your browser's cache. For instance, in Internet Explorer this is done via the menu Tools » Internet Options » Browsing History » Delete » Delete Temporary Internet Files.
- If you use the Solr provider, perform following steps:
- Updating Solr Assemblies
Use the Solr support package and extract the assemblies into the /bin folder of the website.
- Change the Solr schema using the Solr Schema Builder application. This is done via following wizard: Sitecore » Control Panel » Indexing » Generate the Solr Schema.xml file.
- Restore the Global.asax file that you changed on step 4.
- Restart Solr.
- Updating Solr Assemblies
- Rebuild all your ContentSearch indexes. This is done via the following wizard: Sitecore » Control Panel » Indexing » Indexing Manager.
- Rebuild your search indexes for the “Quick search index” (also for the master and core databases if you have such indexes). This is done via the following wizard: Sitecore » Control Panel » Database » Rebuild the Search Index.
- Rebuild the link database for the master and the core databases. This is done via the following wizard: Sitecore » Control Panel » Database » Rebuild the Link Database.
- If you are using client languages other than English, download and import the latest translations from the Client Translations page on SDN.
- Check if any installed modules needs to be upgraded to a newer version to be compatible with Sitecore CMS 7.2 rev. 151021.
- Reiterate the update procedure for every Sitecore instance in your Sitecore environment.
Instructions for upgrading the core database of Oracle database
You will need the following file:
The UpgradeCMS72_U5_oracle.zip file contains two files:
- Oracle_CMS72_U5_AfterInstall.bat – a Windows batch file that invokes Oracle_CMS72_U5_AfterInstall.sql for the Sitecore Core and Master databases.
- Oracle_CMS72_U5_AfterInstall.sql – an SQL*Plus script to upgrade the Sitecore CMS database schemas to 7.2 Service Pack-2. You should execute this script after you install the package.
Upgrade steps for the CMS databases:
- Extract the SQL script and the batch file from the zip archive.
- Copy the SQL script and the batch file to the Database Server (or to the PC where the administration tools for the Oracle database are installed and set up).
- By default, the upgrade scripts will process score (the actual name depend on the value of the PREFIX environment variable) database.
If your user schema names are different or if you have additional Sitecore user schema, modify the batch file as necessary (but do not add the analytics or web schemas – it uses a different database schema and should not be upgraded).
- Shut down Sitecore.
- Back up your Sitecore schemas.
- Upgrade your database schema.
In System Properties/Advanced/Environment Variables set up user-level variables as follows:
- DATABASE = The name of the database instance that hosts the Sitecore data.
- PASSWORD = Password for the system user of the Oracle instance.
- PREFIX = Prefix for the Sitecore user schemas and their passwords (default value: 'sc').
- Notice that user passwords are expected to be the same as the user names.
- Review the output of the script for errors.
Remove the DATABASE, PASSWORD and PREFIX variables from the environment.
- Start Sitecore.
- Continue with the CMS 7.2 upgrade procedure as described above.