Instructions for downloading Sitecore® Experience Platform™ 7.5 rev. 150130.
This is an old release of Sitecore 7.5.
For improved functionality, capability, and support, Sitecore strongly recommends that you upgrade to the latest version of the Sitecore Experience Platform. The latest update provides significant enhancements to the business user experience as well as to the architectural changes initially introduced in Sitecore XP 7.5.
The latest Sitecore XP 8.0 update also includes critical hotfixes that significantly improve stability of this release compared to Sitecore XP 7.5. Therefore, you should plan to upgrade to Sitecore XP 8.0 and not remain in production on Sitecore XP 7.5. You can download Sitecore XP 8.0 from dev.sitecore.net.
2.1. Download Sitecore® Experience Platform™ 7.5 rev.150130
Choose the appropriate link to download Sitecore® Experience Platform™ 7.5 rev. 150130:
Download the Sitecore web application installer (193 MB, .exe file)
Choose this link to download the setup.exe installation program (everything you need to get started).
Download a ZIP of the file above (192 MB, ZIP archive)
Choose this link to download the setup.exe installation program if your network blocks the download of exe files.
Download a ZIP archive of Sitecore® Experience Platform™ 7.5 (192 MB, ZIP archive)
Choose this link to install Sitecore manually (without the help of the setup.exe installation program).
You may also want to consider downloading additional tools:
- Download the Solr support package (247 KB, ZIP archive)
- Click here to go to the Sitecore Marketplace and download the ‘Campaign Launch Application’, a shared source module which is an example of how to create an application using SPEAK.
The latest version of the Sitecore xDB Cloud client components for Sitecore 7.5 - Sitecore xDB Cloud 7.5 Update rev. 160210 (157 KB, ZIP archive)
This package fixes the Content Management / Delivery downtime issues that can occur if a connection string is requested when the xDB Cloud Discovery service is unavailable.
2.2. To upgrade the initial release of Sitecore® Experience Platform™ 7.5 to this release
To upgrade Sitecore XP 7.5 Initial Release to Sitecore XP 7.5 Update-1, please follow the instructions:
- Sitecore 7.5 rev. 141003 (Initial Release).
- If your Sitecore solution is based on an earlier version, then you must use update instructions for Sitecore 7.5 rev. 141003 from Sitecore 7.2 rev. 140228.
This update requires the following files:
- Sitecore 7.5 rev. 150130 Update Package (Sitecore Update, 35.5 MB)
- Database upgrade scripts:
- MS SQL Server
Follow the steps below to upgrade an existing Sitecore XP 7.5 installation to Sitecore XP 7.5 rev. 150130 (Update-1):
- Back up the site.
- Make sure that the IIS is configured to allow access to the /sitecore/admin folder. Otherwise the next step might display a blank page instead of the Update Installation Wizard.
- In case you are using SQL session state provider use the following scripts to update your Sitecore Sessions database:
- Sitecore_Sessions_U1_BeforeInstall.sql script on your Sitecore Sessions database.
- Open the Update Installation Wizard by entering the following URL in your browser: http://<hostname>/sitecore/admin/UpdateInstallationWizard.html
See the Update Installation Wizard Guide for more information about how to use the wizard.
- Install the Sitecore 7.5 rev. 150130 update package using the wizard:
- Upload the update package using the wizard.
- Analyze the package.
- Install the package.
- If you are using the Solr search provider, you must upgrade the corresponding assemblies. Use the Solr support package and extract the assemblies into the bin folder of the website.
- Update your configuration files.
- Apply the configuration file changes described here:
Configuration file changes in Sitecore 7.5 rev. 150130
- Clear your browser's cache. For instance, in Internet Explorer this is done via the menu Tools » Internet Options » Browsing History » Delete » Delete Temporary Internet Files.
- Rebuild all your ContentSearch indexes. This is done via the following wizard: Sitecore » Control Panel » Indexing » Indexing Manager.
- Rebuild your search indexes for the “Quick search index” (also for the master and core databases if you have such indexes). This is done via the following wizard: Sitecore » Control Panel » Database » Rebuild the Search Index.
- Rebuild the link database for the master and the core databases. This is done via the following wizard: Sitecore » Control Panel » Database » Rebuild the Link Database.
- If you are using client languages other than English, download and import the latest translations from the Client Translations page on SDN.
- Check if any installed modules needs to be upgraded to a newer version to be compatible with Sitecore 7.5 rev. 150130.
- Reiterate the update procedure for every Sitecore instance in your Sitecore environment.