The latest release information about the Web Forms for Marketers module version 2.4.
1. Release History
November 05, 2015
The Web Forms for Marketers 2.4 rev. 151103 is released.
This is a product update. Sitecore recommends that you upgrade to this release if it includes fixes that meet the specific needs of your organization. If this release does not include new functionality or specific fixes that your organization requires, you may benefit from waiting to upgrade until Sitecore releases an update that is relevant for your organization. This is especially true in production environments.
For instructions on how to download and install this release, please visit the download page.
The Web Forms for Marketers 2.4 rev. 151103 includes:
- Improvements made to existing field and form functionality.
- A number of existing issues have been resolved.
- The Web Forms for Marketers 2.4 runs on Sitecore 7.1 and 7.2.
- This has been tested with Sitecore CMS 7.2 rev.151021.
- The new option Insert an existing form has been added to the Insert a New Form wizard. (342589)
- The list of available tags has been added to the Form Designer in the form’s title field. (66901)
- The default Assess Security Risk verification had worked incorrectly for the list fields. This verification can now be removed from the form. (66912)
- The JQuery version has been updated from 1.4.2 to 1.11.3. This has improved security. (66960)
- A change in form’s validation did not take place on the front end after publishing. This issue has been fixed. (66429)
- The SQL table collation for the Web Forms database has been changed from Cyrilic_General_CI_AS to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. (310195)
- The field’s value had always inserted at the end of the text in the Send Email Editor dialog for the Send Email Message save action. This has been fixed. (346818)
- In MVC, prebuilt visitor tags had been using the item’s field title as a key. This issue has been fixed. (430780, 432787)
- The From address had not been replaced with field value in the Send Email Message save action dialog. This has been fixed. (443653)
- The thread culture had caused incorrect parsing of the field parameters for forms based on an MVC layout. This has been fixed. (69633, 431795, 444555)
July 06, 2015
The Web Forms for Marketers 2.4 rev. 150619 is released.
Tested with Sitecore CMS 7.2 rev. 150408 (Update-4).
This version of the module runs on Sitecore 7.2.
- MVC. HTML, CSS, and JS output has been totally reworked for MVC forms. Bootstrap framework is used now to render forms.
- MVC. Google reCAPTCHA has been replaced the MSCaptcha implementation for Captcha field type.
- MVC. Forms with the same DataSource or FormID are now supported for MVC. (433564)
- MVC. Validation error messages for MVC forms could now be adjusted and localized. (428953, 426744)
- Email validation has been changed to allow up to 17 chars for top-level domains. (433251)
- MVC forms do not work correct without manual fix in a layout. This issue has been fixed (425453)
- MVC. A number of issues which caused incorrect working of the Web Forms when FormID field rendering was filled instead of Data Source field has been fixed (421848, 422331, 422335, 422342)
- MVC. Text of the Submit button has been hardcoded. This issue has been fixed (422322)
- MVC. An issue which caused incorrect working of Web Forms in Preview mode has been fixed (422330)
- MVC. An issue which caused displaying of the form’s Intro and Footer regardless of the user’s choice has been fixed (422336)
- MVC. It was impossible to add a form rendering to some placeholder in the “Restricting Placeholders” dialog during installation. This issue has been fixed (422337)
- MVC. CSS couldn't be applied for field input. This issue has been fixed (422416)
- MVC. An issue which caused rules don’t work on form’s fields has been fixed (424346)
- MVC. An issue which caused nonfunctional validation on Single-Line Text and Multi-Line Text fields has been fixed (424665)
- MVC. Drop List field was saving full type name instead of empty one even in case when “Empty Choice” option was chosen. This issue has been fixed (424929)
- MVC. An issue which caused to display Title of the section on the form with added ShowLegend setting has been fixed (425030)
- MVC. An issue which caused form to duplicate rendering already existing on the page has been fixed (425144)
- MVC processor that affected a page without form and with broken rendering link has been removed (425209)
- MVC. An issue with incorrect saving of the Drop List’s values to the database has been fixed (425353)
- MVC. An issue which caused to render Multi-Line Text field with default number of rows regardless of the setting in the Form Designer has been fixed (425388)
- MVC. ReadQueryString feature was nonfunctional. This issue has been fixed (425700)
- MVC. An issue which caused broken personalization for MVC rendering after Web Forms installation has been fixed (425889)
- MVC. Custom controller renderings do not work with WFFM MVC. This issue has been fixed. (433458)
- MVC. Rules on a field do not work. This issue has been fixed. (432508)
- MVC. Form doesn't work on CD instances. This issue has been fixed. (431953, 426031)
- MVC. Form redirection error when the "alwaysIncludeServerUrl" parameter of the link provider in the web.config is set to "true". This issue has been fixed. (429315)
- MVC. Date picker field does not match the specified selected date and display format. This issue has been fixed. (428518)
- MVC. Success redirect does not work correctly. This issue has been fixed. (427204, 427939, 427705, 427703, 427062)
- MVC. Form submit removes language from URL. This issue has been fixed. (427205)MVC. Form makes the whole page cacheable. This issue has been fixed. (427211)
- MVC. Captcha image is not shown after failed validation. This issue has been fixed. (426823)
- MVC. Captcha is case sensitive. This issue has been fixed. (426821)
- MVC. GetFormControllerRenderer processor causes issues. The processor has been removed. (426765)
- MVC. E-Mail validation is case-sensitive in MVC Forms. This issue has been fixed. (426711)
- MVC. Short IDs, used for HTML tags ids, may start with other symbols then a letter, which is not allowed. This issue has been fixed. (426683)
- MVC. Help property is not used by MVC fields and sections. This issue has been fixed. (426505)
- MVC. HTML-encoded Danish characters in MVC Web Forms. This issue has been fixed. (426202)
- MVC. Form throws exception if form item is not found. This issue has been fixed. (426608)
- Field Rules do not work with GeoIP conditions. This issue has been fixed. (379976)
- Send Email Message action does not replace tokens when special characters are used in field titles. This issue has been fixed. (405654)
- The “From” filed of the Send Email Message action item was ignored in the received email. This issue has been fixed (420165)
- Fixed incorrect log messages. (422157)
- It was impossible to create Form item under /sitecore/templates/Web Forms for Marketers/Forms Folder/__Standard Values. This possibility has been added (422343)
- It was impossible to change Analytics properties in the Form Designer under Japanese context language. This issue has been fixed (422383).
- Value of the Credit Card field was stored as plain text in the database. This issue has been fixed and now this field is completely secure (424819)
- An issue with incorrectly copied values in Title field while working with different content languages has been fixed (426013)
- The title value of list fields is encoded before output. This issue has been fixed. (433252)
- It’s not possible to insert MVC form to the placeholder that doesn't have other controls (422545)
- Drop list form field is empty if culture is changed. (433817)
- The Upload To property of the File Upload field is ignored. (426975)
- WFFM lists depend on thread culture. (408095)
- Captcha audio doesn't work. (425780)
- MVC. Form submit triggers custom POST actions in custom controller renderings (437744)
October 09, 2014
The Web Forms for Marketers module 2.4 rev.141008 is released.
Tested with Sitecore CMS 7.2 rev. 140526.
This version of the module runs on Sitecore 7.2 rev. 140228 and later.
This version of the module is a merge of fixed bugs from WFFM 2.3 rev.140617.
- Connection string to a Form database could be stored in the ConnectionString.config file (413197)
- Uploaded File is now represented as a link in the report (367409)
Fields and validation
- "Required" validation is now supported for the "Checkbox" field (353574)
- DatePicker field value is now inserted into e-mail in a user friendly format (370324)
- An issue "The data could not be loaded" in List Items dialog is fixed (386529)
- An issue that caused the error on a frontend if a name of a Form contains dash “-“ is fixed (402236)
- An issue with scrolls in ListItemsEditor dialogue which causes disappearing dialogue buttons is fixed (350191)
- An issue with saving email body from Send mail editor is fixed (351284)
- 'Save/Close' and 'Close' buttons of the Form Designer work as expected in the Content Editor mode (409949)
- Select existing goal wizard allows now to select goal in the deep tree (383066)
- A new setting was added that allow using different themes on multisite solution. (318929)
- An issue with multiple lines text in a mail is fixed (372135)
- Theme and Color can be set on a form folder for all sub forms (334526)
September 23, 2014
The Web Forms for Marketers module 2.4 rev.140923 is released.
Tested with Sitecore CMS 7.2 rev. 140526
This version of the module runs on Sitecore 7.2 rev. 140228 and later.
- Support MVC 5. WFFM functionality works on Sitecore MVC layouts.
Note: Backend item structure was reused for MVC implementation (except validations). Frontend does not fully match to WebForms version.
- MVC CreditCard field is now consists of one textbox feld, validating all the types of credit card numbers.
- CSS Theme on forms folder is not supported.
Note: This update doesn’t contain fixes from WFFM 2.3 rev.140617.
January 21, 2014
The Web Forms for Marketers module 2.4 rev.140117 is released.
Tested with Sitecore CMS 7.1 rev. 130926.
Important: Web Forms for Marketers 2.4 is compatible with Sitecore CMS 7.1 rev. 130926 or later. This version is not compatible with versions of Sitecore CMS earlier than 7.1.
This version of the module ensures compatibility with Sitecore 7.1.
- Save Actions for E-mail Campaign Manager integration have been merged into the WFFM package. Now there is no need to install it as a separate package.
- "forms.config" under App_Config\Include\ folder has been renamed into "Sitecore.Forms.config".
2. Known issues
The following known issues are present in the latest version of the Web Forms for Marketers:
The Form fails to create a new user with a blank password
Reference number: 13752, 37725
Sitecore does not allow creating users with blank password out of the box. Select the “Random password” option in the “Create user” dialog in the Form Designer.
The checkbox field does not work as a conditional field for the 'Subscribe to Recipient List' save action
Reference number: 14358
JS error appears in IE every time user opens the page with a web form or tries to submit this form
Reference number: 387493
In the Internet Explorer go to the Internet Options->Advanced tab->Browsing section and check “Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)” checkbox. Also uncheck “Display a notification about every script error”.
Some inconveniences while working with the Form Designer in IE 9/10/11:
- There is no scrollbar for a form with a lot of fields. (IE 11)
- The select field/section action may not work at one click. (IE 9/10/11)
- The delete field/section action may not work at one click. (IE 9/10/11)
- Selecting some field/section in a form with a lot of fields may cause the position of this field to be changed. (IE 9/10)
Reference number: 407285
Audio feature of the Captcha field doesn’t work in the Firefox browser
Reference number: 422333
Form Designer doesn’t appear on Page Editor after the last step of the Create a New Form wizard for MVC layout
Reference number: 422334, 425456
The form created correctly and it’s present on the item. User is still able to open Form Designer for the newly created form by clicking an appropriate button at the Inline Editor.