The latest release information about the Web Forms for Marketers module version 2.5.
1. Release History
February 09, 2015
The Web Forms for Marketers module 2.5 rev. 150209 is released.
Tested with Sitecore XP 7.5 rev. 150130.
This version of the module runs on Sitecore 7.5 rev. 150130 or later.
- Improved performance of registering goals and events on form submit (424354, 426366).
- Fixed issue with conditions for Edit Role Membership save action (423774)
October 14, 2014
The Web Forms for Marketers module 2.5 rev. 141014 is released.
Tested with Sitecore CMS 7.5 rev. 141003.
This version of the module runs on Sitecore 7.5 rev. 141003.
- Support MVC 5. WFFM functionality works on Sitecore MVC layouts.
Note: Backend item structure was reused for MVC implementation (except validations). Frontend does not fully match to WebForms version.
MVC CreditCard field is now consists of one textbox feld, validating all the types of credit card numbers.
CSS Theme on forms folder is not supported.
- The module supports Sitecore 7.5.
- The Forms database in SQL has been replaced with a dedicated web forms collection on the experience DB layer in xDB.
- The Data tab has been removed from the Form Reports application. Users can use the export functionality to export an XML or Excel file for handling detailed individual data.
- The Summary tab has been changed to include only fields which can be displayed as a distribution of responses (checkboxes, checklists, dropdown lists, radio lists, etc. Other fields, such as single line text, display only a count of responses.
- The Forms database was removed. The module requires xDB enabled.
- The Archive feature has been removed.
- The Reset All facility has been removed.
- Save to Database save action was removed. FormsDataProvider is used to store all forms data into the xDB.
2. Known issues
The following known issues might occur in the latest version of the Web Forms for Marketers:
- MSCaptcha that is used in WFFM does not fully support MVC. Some issues may occur.
- Audio isn’t played in Captcha in Firefox browser
- Robot Attack Protection functionality isn’t fully supported. It could cause problems while submitting a form with Captcha field which has been configured with attack detection thresholds.
- The Drop List and Radio List fields do not store data correctly for the form based on MVC layout.
- Users can experience exception on Form Reports.
Scenario: Restart ISS and click on a date link on the Usability Report in order to view a detailed info on the Detailed Usability Report.
Exception: System.ArgumentNullException. Message: Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key. Source: System
Workaround: refresh the report.
- The List type field without any items leads to the exception on a frontend.
Exception: System.ArgumentNullException. Message: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: items. Source: System.Web.Mvc
Workaround: the list type field should not be blank. Add some items to the field.