8. Use the Provider¶
This section covers how to configure a pipeline batch that uses the file system provider to create and populate Sitecore items from the contents of a text file.
For this example, you will create a file that contains information about different cities. Each row in the file represents a single city. Each city will be represented in Sitecore as an item.
The synchronization process will read the cities from the file and create Sitecore items for each. If a Sitecore item already exists for a city in the file, the Sitecore item will be updated with the information from the file.
- 8.1. Create Source File
- 8.2. Add Tenant
- 8.3. Add Endpoint for Source
- 8.4. Add Value Accessor Set for Source
- 8.5. Create Template for Target
- 8.6. Add Folder to Hold New Sitecore Items
- 8.7. Add Endpoint for Target
- 8.8. Add Value Accessor Set for Target
- 8.9. Add Value Mapping Set
- 8.10. Add Pipeline to Sync Single Record from Source
- 8.11. Add Pipline Step to Resolve Target Item
- 8.12. Add Pipeline Step to Apply Mappings
- 8.13. Add Pipeline Step to Update Sitecore Item
- 8.14. Add Pipeline to Read Source
- 8.15. Add Pipeline Step to Read from Source
- 8.16. Add Pipeline Step to Iterate Data from Source
- 8.17. Add Pipeline Batch
- 8.18. Test Pipeline Batch